July 21st Fishing ReportWidespread haze. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Southeast wind around 7 mph.
It's summer in the Driftless. That means lots of terrestrials with bead heads, tricos in the mornings, and using your thermometer to find the water below 65 degrees!
Fish early, fish late, avoid any mid day sun and heat for your best fishing. The key is finding cooler water and the happy fish. Be prepared to move to plan B or C in some cases.
- 8'4 4wt and 7'7 5wt are the shop favorites!$845.00
- The absolute best US made glass rods on the planet.$695.00
- This rod was seemingly designed specifically to fish the Driftless!$750.00
- Insanely fast action rod. Paired with the right line it loads quickly and turns over heavier rigs easily.$900.00
- 7'6 3wt and 8' 4wt that won't break the bank, and comes with a warranty!$99.00 - $114.00